102nd Annual Exhibition
In 2020 the Twenty Melbourne Painters Society held our first Online Exhibition (August). It was run entirely by our members. The Exhibition was an outstanding success with national and international clients visiting the Exhibition.
Under the current crisis and Stage 4 lock-down in Melbourne, caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, art lovers flocked to our Online site. We thank you all for your support and look forward to seeing you at our 2021 Exhibition.
Below is a montage of paintings by each Member of the TMPS. We have included a selection of ‘comments’ from the “Visitors Guest Book”.
President, Twenty Melbourne Painters Society.
A selection of comments from our “Visitors Guest Book”.
- “My profound thanks and admiration to all members. This has been an unforgettable exhibition and a source of enormous enjoyment and inspiration to me, not only the paintings but your comments and philosophy. I intend to spread my enjoyment among my pals as you deserve all the praise and recognition available , and as much word of mouth advertising and visual appreciation as I may be able to share and foster. Bravo.” (Andy, Melbourne).
- “I am an amateur painter and I enjoy all mediums, and as such I look forward every year to the Twenty Melb Painters exhibition enormously, to view, connect and be inspired by the hard work and brilliant talent of all the artists. I believe every artist has again been successful in capturing the essence of that special characteristic of creativity that defines true artistic talent. I would like to thank all the artists for sharing their work and for their words of wisdom.” (Ray, Melbourne).
- “Just a note of thanks to the organisers and all the fine artists: my parents and I have attended many Melbourne 20 Painters exhibitions with an artistic friend – and it was a joy in these difficult days to be able to view the 2020 exhibition by sharing screens on a Zoom call across the suburbs… beautifully photographed, and easy to manage notes and reference points.”
- “Congratulations to all the artists presenting, as always, a wonderful exhibition despite lock-down! Great variety of style, and medium used, but always such expertise in execution and subject matter. Thank you to all the artists.” (Elizabeth, Melbourne).
- “Thanks for this opportunity to see and enjoy such an amazing collection of paintings. Such talented artists certainly enrich Australian culture.” (Audrey, Australia).
- “Have spent hours looking at this wonderful Exhibition!! Have been following the Twenty Melbourne Painters since 1990, highlight of my year. Fabulous work everyone!!” (Judith, Victoria).
- “A very inspiring collection of work. As a struggling artist it is so good to be able to view these amazing paintings. Thank you for putting this online…a wonderful exhibition.” (Robert)
- “We are very lucky to be able view these magnificent works online for the very first time in the history of the Twenty Melbourne Painters. A wonderful presentation.” (Carole, Melbourne).
- “Wonderful work created by talented artists. I have attended this exhibition for a few years now and was thrilled to get the opportunity to view these artworks online during these lock-down restrictions in Melbourne. A breath of fresh air for us all.” (Mary).
- “For a long time I have attended the annual exhibition and really enjoyed it. I’ve always been inspired by the works of these talented artists. Although I couldn’t see the works displayed in the usual way it was rather special to look at the paintings online on different days. It was a unique experience to have so many beautiful paintings available to just look at when I felt like it . It was an unforeseen way of attending the show with some special advantages. Thank you for going ahead with the show regardless of circumstances.” (Lesley).