Return to “Current Members“
Fiona received the Gordon Moffat Award in 2001, 2002 and 2003. Fiona has work in private collections in France, Italy, Spain, England, Scotland and throughout Australia.
- 1990 Bachelor of Education, fine arts, Melbourne University.
- 1989-1990 Private tuition with John Balmain
- 1996-1997 Extensive art study tour in Europe
- 1993 Quaison’s Mornington
- 1994 Nickelby’s Carlton
- 1998 Delshan Armadale
- 2001 Victorian Artists Society Galleries Melbourne
- Jenny Pihan Fine Art Hampton
- White Hill Gallery Dromana
- 2016 Woman painting Woman Barinja Art Gallery Upwey
- Salon Des Refuses Mornington Regional Gallery
- 2016 Twenty Melbourne Painters Society Glen Eira
My teaching and painting careers have merged since graduation from university in 1990 I was awarded the Alice Bale scholarship valued at $30,000 in 1995 followed by 18 months in Europe studying classical portraiture and still life, being greatly influenced by master painters of Britain and Spain.
I love teaching to students, beginners and advanced any medium but the rules of casual observation and order of visual importance dominate my teaching methods. I encourage my students to work from life, exhibit, study the Master Painters and take themselves seriously.
- Australian Artist Magazine
- 1996 June Pastels
- 1999 June Pastels
- 1997 January “travels with my aunt”
- 2001 January Still Life
- 2010 April Making Every Brush Stroke Count
- 2017 July Masters of Melbourne Pt 1
- 1995 Alice Bale traveling Scholarship ($30,000)
- 2011 “A Tribute to Buvelot” Dromana ($10,000)
- 2016 Membership to the 20 Melbourne Painters Society.
View a gallery of works by Fiona: